Thanks to more frequent inspections and changes to various laws, waste operators are under increasing pressure to keep better records of their accidents, staff training and vehicle servicing and maintenance. This article explores the available technology that may simplify the record management process. By Terry Daley.
A number of factors have led to increasing pressure on heavy vehicle operators to keep better records. These include:
- Increased Roads and Maritime Services on the spot safety inspections;
- Random roadside police vehicle inspection stations;
- Changed fatigue management laws;
- Mainstream press on the grounding of whole fleets; and
- Recent changes in the Work Safety Chain of Responsibility Legislation.
It is a very interesting read which received a lot of positive feedback.