At a recent software CEO briefing conference I was invited to attended in Macau, Progress Software presented a perceptive summary of what industry analysts see as the new key imperatives for next-generation business applications:
- Cloud, mobile and hybrid apps will dominate focus over the next 3 to 5 years
- Modern applications arenow taking a mobile-FIRST approach
- Location aware systems will emerge to consume and react to mobile data
- Data volumes will skyrocket with apps collecting it faster than ever
- Applications must provide a business-social experience to users
- The business ecosystem is as important as the technology
- More complex data analysis and exception highlighting systems are needed to enable businesses to respond to realtime events and exceptions.